A WEST-METRO COMMUNITY TRADITION
February 16 & 17th 6:30pm Hopkins High School
The Tales & Tails of Folks & Fairies is an original story created by Director Christa Anderson and her staff. The dance performance follows the adventures of a little girl struggling to understand and overcome the adversities in life. Like many, she desires to be far away from her struggles in school, so she wishes her life were like a fairy tale. She gets her wish and falls into an enchanted fairy tale book where she meets classic and beloved fairy-tale characters whose stories intertwine and five beautiful fairies who guide her way back home. She comes to realize that, despite living in a fairytale world, each of the characters she meets has struggles of their own. She learns through her journey to “look for the helpers,” and remember that, while we are quick to focus on that which brings us suffering, all along the tools to bring us happiness are close at hand.
Tales & Tails is an inspiring West-Metro community tradition returning to Minnetonka every other year. CREO is been pleased to welcome over 100 novice and pre-professional dancers to experience the process of preparing a large-scale production and perform on the stage!
Audition for the 2024 Production of Tales & Tails of Folks & Fairies!
Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
Location: 15102 Minnetonka Industrial Road, Minnetonka MN 55345
- 4:30-5:45 – Grade 2-5 (Parent Meeting 4:30-5:45)
- 5:45-7:00 – Grade 6+ (Parent Meeting 5:45-6:00)
Important! – Please fill out this audition form by Wednesday September 13th
About the Tales & Tails Process
Dancers interested in auditioning to participate in this year’s Tales & Tails of Folks & Fairies production should expect to commit to the following rehearsal schedule,
- Role/Scene Rehearsals: Four to six role or scene rehearsals scheduled on Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays between early October-mid January. Families may indicate conflicts through the audition form.
- Full Cast Rehearsals: Regular Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday rehearsals in the month leading up to the performance. CREO requests that participants reserve these dates as attendance to full cast rehearsals is required.
- Production Week: Mandatory dress rehearsals the week leading up to the performance!