What is Flight?
Flight is an additional technique and performance class for Level 5-7 dancers. Flight dancers are considered the ambassadors of the school, helping to represent the studio and build up the program that brought them to that point. Flight was created to give CREO students an opportunity to continue their technique training, take risks, and perform choreography with maturity and vulnerability in ways that are above and beyond their regular classes.
How can I join Flight?
Flight members are selected by audition from dancers in Levels 5, 6 & 7. These auditions take place in the spring of each year, however, this is not the only time Flight dancers are evaluated. Dancers interested in Flight are in continual audition, Because they are seeking to be part of a group that represents the school, their impact at CREO is always being assessed. These dancers not only show maturity in their understanding of movement, technique, performance, and commitment to classmates, but also in their interactions with instructors and peers, in and outside of the classroom.
What are the Flight requirements?
- Summer Requirement
- Meet the Accelerated Program Summer Class Requirements including 6 hours of ballet
- 1 Session of Acro (3 classes)
- 1 Session of Conditioning (3 classes)
- Class Requirement – Dancers are required to take 4 days of dance per week including
- Monday Ballet
- Saturday Ballet Leaps & Turns
- Saturday Acro – 2 sessions
- One elective (such as Tuesday Contemporary or Jazz)
- Performance Requirement – Participate in Cathedral Dance Festival as well as TWO other performance opportunities.
- Demonstrate Outstanding Attendance in ALL Classes
- Fall Semester – 2 absences allowed
- Spring Semester – 2 absences allowed
- No absences allowed in the 2 weeks before Cathedral or Recital
- Dancers are expected to attend all full cast rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and arrive on time for performances they are involved in.
- Excellent Conduct & Leadership
Demonstrate respect for your teammates, your instructor, and the CREO director by using class and rehearsal time wisely and focusing your attention on class goals.
- Be willing to try new things, fall, fail, stretch, and grow.
Flight’s Extra Curricular Policy
As ambassadors of the school and leaders among the CREO community, flight dancers are expected to hold impeccable attendance in all CREO classes in order to build teamwork among their classmates and progress with class material. Therefore, dancers involved in on-going extra curricular such as competitive dance team or a long-term sport should reconsider auditioning for Flight. Pending a conversation with the school principal or director, dancers may be allowed to participate short term engagements outside of Flight such as performance dance team.
Audition for Flight!
Auditions for Flight are closed for the 2020-2021 season! We look forward to another amazing year of dancing to come!