HIP-HOP INVITATIONAL, PRE-TEAM, AND TEAM HIP-HOP
CREO’s Conservatory track for experienced hip-hop dancers includes three tiered ensembles: Hip-Hop Invitational, Pre-TEAM, and TEAM Hip-Hop. This track emphasizes high physicality, athleticism, and individual expression through the hallmarks of contemporary hip-hop movement including popping, locking, tutting, breaking, rhythm, groove, isolation, groundedness, and acrobatic skills.
CONSERVATORY HIP-HOP ENSEMBLES
Hip-Hop Invitational is the environment for intermediate hip-hop dancers to progress their hip-hop training beyond the scope of a recreational class. Dancers build their skill for isolation, groove, personal expression and unified ensemble-work. Hip-Hop Invitational can be considered a stepping stone towards continued concentrated hip-hop study through CREO’s Hip-Hop conservatory track to TEAM Hip-Hop.
Pre-TEAM is the (NEW) step between Hip-Hop Invitational and TEAM dedicated to prepare dancers for the physical rigor expected in TEAM Hip-Hop. Dancers will build strength, endurance, acrobatic skill and work toward mastery of industry-style jazz turns & leaps. While Pre-TEAM is designed to prepare dancers for Participation in Pre-TEAM does not necessarily guarantee acceptance to TEAM Hip-Hop.
TEAM Hip-Hop is the conservatory class where advanced hip-hop dancers begin to integrate even greater physicality and athleticism, such as acrobatic skills and complex group lifts, into ensemble choreography grounded in hip-hop movement vocabulary and aesthetic. Choreography may also draw on influences from industry-style jazz turns and leaps. Dancers accepted to TEAM Hip-Hop are typically in 8-12th grade.
HIP-HOP CONSERVATORY TRACK REQUIREMENTS
School Year Regimen
- Weekly ensemble class
- An additional Jazz or Hip-Hop class
- Acro year-round
Summer Requirement/ Audition
Register for a 10-hour punchcard and take the following classes as an audition series,
- Hip-Hop Invitational: Tuesdays July 18-August 22nd
- Hip-Hop Level 3-4 from 6:00-7:00pm
- Acro Level 1-3 from 5:15-6:00 OR Acro Level 3-4 from 7:00-7:45
- Open to intermediate level hip-hop dancers grades 4-6
- Pre-TEAM and TEAM Hip-Hop: Mondays July 17-August 21st
- Hip-Hop Level 5-7 from 5:30-6:30
- Acro Level 5-7 from 6:30-7:15
- Open to intermediate & advanced level hip-hop dancers grades 7-12
- Dancers are expected to treat these classes as an audition series and attend all class dates to train consistently over the summer.
- Cathedral Dance Festival (early May)
- CREO Recital (early June, multiple performances possible)
- Conservatory ensembles are also occasionally invited to perform separate repertoire in CREO productions.