CREO CLASSICAL BALLET (CCB)
CREO Classical Ballet is CREO’s track for the dancer seeking to achieve technical and artistic excellence in Ballet and Pointe. This comprehensive training program equips today’s young dancers with the artistry and athleticism expected of classical ballet in the 21st century.
CCB Pathway is an invitational class for dancers, not yet en pointe, who have prioritized ballet in their early training. Dancers are evaluated through their work in their regular classes and invited in May to participate in the Pathway class for the following dance year.
CCB Pathway Regimen
– 3 days/week of ballet class year-round
– At least 1 day of pre-pointe year-round as eligible by age
The CCB Program includes all dancers who have been accepted to study en pointe and must commit to the following regimen,
– 3 days of Ballet/week year-round including CCB Technique
– 2 days of pointe year-round
– Dancers must take a Ballet Technique class prior to all their pointe classes.
– All CCB dancers will perform in the Snow Scene of CREO’s 2022 Nutcracker production.
– Perform at Cathedral Dance Festival (early May)
– Perform in (often multiple) CREO’s Spring Recital(s) (early June)
CCB Ensemble includes dancers accepted by audition from the CCB Program to prepare work for performance. These dancers demonstrate readiness to integrate excellent technical execution of CREO’s ballet curriculum with performance skills such as characterization, expression, complex choreographic sequences, and formations, etc…
CCB Ensemble may include several groups of dancers preparing separate choreography, en flat or en pointe, based on their level of pointe experience.