The Elevate Youth Dance Festival is an educational and non-competitive dance event for dancers ages 9-18. Dancers will grow as artists by participating in master classes and adjudicated performance, share dance experiences, and celebrate excellence in dance. Selected dancers may present either their own choreography or an instructor’s choreography in the form of a solo, duet, trio, or quartet. Availability to attend the full-day of the festival at is required. For more information about Elevate Youth Dance Festival please visit elevatedancefestival.com.
2021 Festival Date to be announced!
Participants have the unique opportunity take master classes with professional dance artists and educators and see live performance by professional dance companies from the Twin Cities. Guest Artists will be announced leading up to the festival date!
Solo-Quintent & Student Choreography Adjudication
Auditions to perform Elevate Youth Dance Festival are closed for the 2020-2021 season! We look forward to auditioning dancers for Elevate 2022 in the Spring of 2021.
LOCATION: Hopkins High School
- Dancers must be 9 or older by June 1st 2020
- Dancers must be available for the full day of the festival
- All dancers must take a dance camp over the summer to ensure safety during rehearsals (Student choreographers must take the Dance Composition Camp.)
- Parents are responsible for ensuring their child’s dance is well prepared and that their dancer has secured the correct tights and footwear, and a costume and hair piece, through the CREO Costume Room or Costume Exchange with another student.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to volunteer to help us host this event!
Student Composition Option
- Dancers must take the Summer Dance Composition Workshop in order to participate.
- Summer – 2 private sessions with mentor each lasting 1 hour: $1/min
- Summer – 4 personal rehearsals of rented studio time each lasting 1 hour – $10/hour
- Monthly Brush-ups Sept-March (Covered by your participate fee)
Instructor Choreography Option
*IMPORTANT: CREO will respect your financial preference for Elevate, placing the student in an opportunity of equal or lesser cost to the preference indicated on the Audition Form. For example- if you indicate interest in a trio, the staff will consider you for trio or quartet, but not for opportunities (duet, solo) which exceed the cost of a trio.
*The style of dance you or your small group perform, and the instructor you are working with will be determined during your audition by the CREO staff.
- Dancers must take at least 1 summer dance camp in order to participate.
- Summer – 4 private sessions with mentor each lasting 1 hour
- Monthly Brush-ups Sept-March (covered by your participate fee)
|Participation Fee||Instruction||Studio Rental||Elevate Registration||Dance
|Student Composition||$90||$1/min X 2hr = $120||$10/hr X 4hr
|Solo||$140||$1/min X 4hr =$240||N/A||$100||Dancer’s choice||$480|
|Duet||$90/ dancer||$0.75/min X 4hr
|Trio||$80/ dancer||$0.75/min X 4hr
|Quartet||$70/ dancer||$0.50/min X 4hr
|Quintet||$60/ dancer||$0.50/min X 4hr
*not including camp requirement