Vitality in Faith Based Performance
What is DanceVERVE: Twin Cities
- The CREO DanceVERVE: Twin Cities is a non-denominational, Christ focused, youth performance company which uses dance performance for worship, prayer, and evangelism. “VERVE” refers to a special ability and lively spirit animating artistic composition or performance. It is a word that represents great energy and vitality.
- Dancers grades 7-12 perform a wide variety of dance styles from classical ballet to hip-hop.
CREO’s three faith-based youth dance companies, Footprints, Roots, and The CREO DanceVERVE: Twin Cities are one in mission. Our mission is to give young people an opportunity to grow in faith and to express what they have learned through art & dance. Because we were created by God in excellence we, encourage our artists to create their work in excellence. “And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men.” Colossians 3:23
Christa Anderson-Hill is the creator and choreographer of The Companion: Ruth & Naomi’s Story, Esther: For Such a Time as This, A New Song, Enticed, The Tales and Tails of Folks and Fairies, The Bridegroom, and Wade Children
Interested in hiring our Faith-Based companies to perform at your event or service? Email email@example.com.
Information for Dancers
Every spring CREO auditions dancers to be a part of CREO’s Faith-Based Companies for the following season! Here is some information regarding what we look for in our VERVE company members!
Dancers may be accepted to the company either as a full company member or as an apprentice. VERVE takes into consideration, but is not solely dependent on:
- Dedication: The CREO DanceVERVE is a considerable commitment in terms of time and focus. VERVE company members are deeply invested in their personal growth as a dancer and in the growth of the VERVE community. Dancers are expected to demonstrate respect, maturity, and a dedicated spirit of participation in all rehearsals, performances, and company events.
- Ability: The CREO DanceVERVE creates dance work that the requires a degree of proficiency in technical genres including ballet, contemporary, jazz, and hip hop. Additionally, the Company relies on improvisation in the choreographic process.
- Showmanship: Dancers in the company are expected to share in the camaraderie of each other’s presence and support. The atmosphere in and around rehearsals should be one of inclusion, respect, and kindness. Consideration will be given to dancers who have demonstrated positive contribution to their dance class communities in these ways.
- Seniority: Dancers who have displayed a dedication to dance through many years of study may be prioritized for company placement. Dancers participating in VERVE for the first time are traditionally cast as apprentices*
- Age: The CREO DanceVERVE is primarily made up of dancers grades 7+.
Dancers selected to the CREO DanceVERVE for the first time will participate as apprentices. Apprentices have the opportunity to shadow company members as they rehearse and step in when members cannot perform. Every apprentice will dance in at least 1 show during the performance season. Apprentices who demonstrate exemplary attendance, skill, commitment, and attitude have the opportunity to advance to full company members in subsequent seasons.
PERFORMANCE SEASON 2020-2021
This year’s season will focus on acts of service with performances at local churches & senior living centers.
Cost to Participate: $60/performance
Summer Requirement: Faith-Builder Summer Dance Intensive:
*includes a church performance Sunday morning July 26
Dancers accepted to VERVE must take the Faith-Builder Summer Dance Intensive. This 4 day workshop will include ballet and contemporary classes, daily scripture and apologetics, and evening worship Thursday-Saturday. The weekend will culminate with a Dinner on Saturday evening and a presentation of our work at local churches and a community service project on Sunday.
*Rehearsal details remain subject to change. Rehearsals may not be scheduled through the entire time, but these are the time frames dancers and families can expect.
– 1:05-1:15: Lunch
– 1:15-1:30: Prayer/ Devotional
– 1:30-4:00: Rehearsal
We will do our best not to schedule conflicting rehearsals with Friday classes, Elevate Workshops or T&T rehearsals
Wednesday rehearsals will likely be reserved primarily for the week before a performance