Roots is an opportunity for dancers to deepen down into greater understanding of Christ-Centered expression through dance. Just as roots of a tree might spread and anchor the body the work of this company project spreads and anchors the body of Christ. Dancers participate in devotional activities in rehearsals and perform a variety of dance styles from classical ballet, contemporary, to hip-hop.
CREO’s three faith-based youth dance companies, Footprints, Roots, and The CREO DanceVERVE: Twin Cities are one in mission. Our mission is to give young people an opportunity to grow in faith and to express what they have learned through art & dance. Because we were created by God in excellence we, encourage our artists to create their work in excellence. “And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men.” Colossians 3:23
Christa Anderson-Hill is the creator and choreographer of The Companion: Ruth & Naomi’s Story, Esther: For Such a Time as This, A New Song, Enticed, The Tales and Tails of Folks and Fairies, The Bridegroom, and Wade Children
Interested in hiring our Faith-Based companies to perform at your event or service? Email email@example.com.
Information for Dancers
Every spring CREO auditions dancers to be a part of CREO’s Faith-Based Companies for the following season!
PERFORMANCE SEASON 2020-2021
This year Roots will rehearse during a Monday class time from 5:45-6:45 through the months of January-June 2022. Please ensure that you register before the start of class!
Roots dancers also have the opportunity to understudy VERVE dancers in The Nativity.
Cost to Participate: $61/month
Nativity Understudy: $100 which covers the August Nativity Intensive and fall rehearsals
ROOTS PERFORMANCES & EVENTS
Nativity at Hopkins High School: November 17-21
– Roots will perform the piece they work on in fall semester class as a prelude do the Nativity performance.
– Dress rehearsals November 17-18
– Performances November 19-20
– Tickets available for sale in late October!
Nativity at Wayzata Free Church: Understudy needs only December 1-3
– At this time we are not planning that Roots will perform their class piece at this event, however they can keep these dates in mind in the event that an understudy would be needed.
– Nativity at Wayzata Free is present through the church’s annual Celebrate the Season event. Registration will be available through their website wayzatafree.org.
Service Project: Sunday, December 12th, 2021
VERVE & Roots dancers will participate in a service project, full event details TBA!
End of Year Performances: Cathedral & Recital
Please note that class attendance is required April 25th through the end of the year to focus on refining dances for end of year performances!
- Cathedral Dance Festival: Saturday, May 7th, 2022
- CREO Spring Recital: Thursday-Sunday June 10-13th, 2022 – Footprints dancers can expect to perform in TWO CREO recitals.
Nativity Rehearsal Schedule
*Rehearsal details remain subject to change. Rehearsals may not be scheduled through the entire time, but these are the time frames dancers and families can expect.
Please see the calendar for full rehearsal details.
– 1:05-1:15: Lunch
– 1:15-1:30: Prayer/ Devotional
– 1:30-4:00: Rehearsal
We will do our best not to schedule conflicting rehearsals with Friday classes, Elevate Workshops or T&T rehearsals
Wednesday rehearsals will likely be reserved primarily for the week before a performance