|All Studio Information||Progressive & Accelerated|
|Faith-Based Companies||Elevate Youth Dance Festival|
Click the links above for updates that pertain to your dancer!
email email@example.com with questions.
1. THE CREODANCEVERVE PRESENTS: THE NATIVITY
- Dancers from two of our faith-based companies, Roots and The CREO DanceVERVE have put together an evening of dance like none other. Experience the story like never before through the medium of dance! The performance will juxtapose the story of theLamb of God, with theperspective of a little lamblearning the truth of God’s promise.
- Performances at The Music Box Theater (1407 Nicollet Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55407)
- November 22 at 7:00
- November 23 at 2:00 & 7:00
2. SPIRIT WEEK AND BRING-A-PARENT: TUES-MON, NOV 19-25
- At CREO, the week leading up to Thanksgiving Break is… SPIRIT WEEK!
- During Spirit Week, we invite parents to dance with their child during class, or simply sit in on class with us and observe!
- Dancers, we also invite you to join us in the following dress-up days!
- Tuesday, Nov 19: Pajama Day
- Wednesday, Nov 20: Crazy Leggings (or Pants) Day
- Thursday, Nov 21: Fairy Tale Day (Dress like your favorite Fairy Tale character!)
- Friday, Nov 22: CREO Color Day (Navy, Light Pink, and Metallic!)
- Saturday, Nov 23: Crazy Hair Day
- Monday, Nov 25: Dance Costume Day
3. PRIVATE LESSONS AVAILABLE WITH MS. CHRISTA!
- Ms. Christa will have Private Lesson availability on Tuesdays & Thursdays, December 10/12 and 17/19! Half-hour time slots are available, 3:45-5:15pm.
- E-mail Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your lesson with Ms. Christa!
4. CREO TUESDAY PARENT BOOKCLUB
- Interested in connecting with other CREO parents on Tuesday nights through book club? Group meets every Tuesday from 8:00-9:00pm (location varies).
- For more information, e-mail Betsy at email@example.com to be connected with the group!
5. TAKE OUR SUMMER 2020 CLASS SURVEY!
- The 2019 – 2020 school year has just begun, but we are already planning the schedule for Summer 2020!
- Because we want to provide the best education to our dancers, we would love to get your feedback. Please be honest and thoughtful, as it will help shape the workshops for next summer. If you have more than one CREO dancer in your family, we will get a better idea of your family’s and the individual dancer’s needs through taking the survey multiple times; once per dancer.
- Click here to take the Summer 2020 survey! Thank you!
6. NEW ON RAISING THE BARRE
- Check out Ms. Linda’s latest post on CREO’s principal blog, Raising the Barre! This week Ms. Linda shares an article on the topic of perfectionism written by Robbie Fairchild, former principal with the New York City Ballet!
7. ANNOUNCING NOVEMBER SPECIAL FEATURE TOPIC….. ACRO!
- November Level 4-7 Special Feature – ACRO, Thursdays 6:45-7:30pm: This class will rotate topics every month! Take the class for a month here and there, or take it all year! November’s topic will be… ACRO ! Special Feature Class just $20/month! (Not included in Unlimited Package tuition)
- Register through the Jackrabbit parent portal, or e-mail Betsy at firstname.lastname@example.org!
8. MEET MS. JULIA – EVENTS MANAGER!
Julia trained at the Neta Barker School of Ballet in her hometown of Wayland, Massachusetts, and continued with Modern and Improvisation at St. Olaf College where she received her Bachelors degree in Dance and Psychology, two fields that she feels see people as whole beings. Julia has had the opportunity to perform choreography by Stuart Pimsler Dance and Theater, Alexandra Beller/Dances, SEVEN DANCE, and has danced in the Minnesota Fringe and several other performances with independent choreographer Jolene Konkel. Julia is currently a company member with Alternative Motion Project and is looking forward to another wonderful year at CREO!
You can reach Julia about events, special performance opportunities, and sponsorship at email@example.com
9. PRIVATE LESSONS
- CREO offers Private Lessons! Click here to sign-up!
- Private Lesson slots will be updated every semester. If you do not see a time that works for you or have further questions, please email Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROGRESSIVE & ACCELERATED DANCERS
- Level 4-7 Dancers: “Field Trip” Bus Outing to The Nativity!
- Please see your e-mails about a Level 4-7 Bus Outing opportunity to go see the 11/23 matinee performance of The Nativity together!
Special Feature Class
- November Level 4-7 Special Feature – ACRO, Thursdays 6:45-7:30pm: This class will rotate topics every month! Take the class for a month here and there, or take it all year! November’s topic will be… Acro! Special Feature Class just $20/month! (Not included in Unlimited Package tuition)
FAITH-BASED COMPANY DANCERS
- Rehearsal Schedule
- Saturday rehearsals extended to end at 4:30 through the month of November!
- Performance Times at the Music Box Theater!
- See your email for call times on each of these dates!
- Dress rehearsals Wednesday & Thursday November 20-21
- Friday, November 22 – 7:00pm
- Saturday, November 23 – 2:00pm AND 7:00pm
- Buy Tickets
- Performance at Wayzata Free Church
- Dress Rehearsal – Tuesday, November 26
- Performance – Sunday, December 1
2. WAYZATA COMMUNITY CHURCH DECEMBER 15
- Please see your email from Betsy for remaining full-length rehearsals.
- Run the piece 12:35-12:45pm these dates
- Saturday, Nov 9
- Saturday, Nov 16
- Saturday, Dec 7 – 9:00-10:30am rehearsal
- Saturday, Dec 14 – 8:30-10:0am dress rehearsal at Wayzata Community Church
- Sunday, Dec 15 – 7:45-11:30am performance at Wayzata Community Church
3. FAITH-PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH DECEMBER 8
- Saturday, Nov 9 from 1:00-2:30
- Friday, Nov 15 from 6:00-7:30
- Saturday, Nov 16 from 1:00-2:30
- Friday, Nov 22 from 6:00-7:00
- Wednesday, Nov 27 from 5:00-6:30 at Faith-Presbyterian
- Saturday, Dec 7 from 8:00-10:00am at Faith-Presbyterian
- 1 Parent Volunteer needed to assist with rehearsal
- Transportation Volunteers needed to drive dancers back to CREO for technique
- Sunday, Dec 8 – Show times TBA! at Faith-Presbyterian
- 1 Parent Volunteer needed to assist with each show
- Transportation Volunteers needed to drive dancers to Perkins for dinner between shows!
ELEVATE YOUTH DANCE FESTIVAL
1. MONTHLY BRUSH-UP WORKSHOPS
- All Elevate dances are called to attend monthly brush-up workshops to ensure their pieces are continually progressing throughout the year. Dancers will be called in either a early, mid, or late session between 4:00-8:00pm. These workshops will take place on the following dates,
- Friday, December 6
- Friday, January 10
- Friday, February 28
- Absences: If a dancer or group is unable to make one of these workshops, they may be recommended to schedule a private lesson with a teacher or rent studio space in the same month to make-up the missed workshop!
- Conflicts: Please communicate your conflicts to email@example.com
- Dancers who have prepared pieces over the summer should fill out the registration form (to request your t-shirt size among other things!)
3. PARTICIPANT WAIVER
- Participants need to fill out the waiver: