|All Studio Information||Progressive & Accelerated|
|Faith-Based Companies||Elevate Youth Dance Festival|
Click the links above for updates that pertain to your dancer!
email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
1. CREO HEATWAVE WEEK: SAT-FRI JANUARY 11-18
- Are you ready for a HEATWAVE? We are!! Celebrate Summer with us during the CREO Heatwave, Saturday, January 11 through Friday, January 18!
- BRING-A-FRIEND TO CLASS: The Heatwave is bring-a-friend week! We will dance together to summery music and dancers are invited to wear summery, bright, colorful clothing (yes, you can break the dress code! Please remember no crop tops, or booty shorts sans tights)!
- REGISTER FOR SUMMER CLASSES
CREO’s summer 2020 class schedule is available! Receive 15% off when you register for 2 or more camps through January 31st!
- Questions? E-mail Ms. Shannon, email@example.com
2. TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW FOR TALES & TAILS OF FOLKS & FAIRIES
- Date: February 15th, 2020
- Time: 1:00pm & 4:00pm
- Location: Hopkins High School
- CREO presents the 10 year anniversary of The Tales & Tails of Folks and Fairies. A theatrical dance performance about a little girl who wishes her life was a fairy-tale, but gets more than she bargained for! We invite you to fall into the fairytale with us again this year in this treasured west-metro community tradition!
3. BEST OF LAKE MINNETONKA 2020 SURVEY: VOTE FOR CREO
It is time to vote for the 2020 Best of Lake Minnetonka annual readers choice survey. You have all of January to cast your vote! Please vote for CREO under the ‘Best Place for Kids’ Activities‘ category. We would really appreciate it. You can vote HERE.
Simple Rules For Voting:
- One entry allowed per person; each ballot must include an email address.
- Ballots must be completed by 5:00 p.m. on January 31, 2020.
- Voters should vote in at least 5 categories to ensure their ballot is counted.
Not sure who else to vote for? Check out these incredible CREO partners!
- Best Home Furnishing – Becker Furniture
Best Breakfast – Original Pancake House Minnetonka
Best Builder & Best Remodeler – Hendel Homes
Best Senior Living Center – Deephaven Woods or Folkstone
Best Chiropractor – Allign
Best Salon – Lavish
Best PreSchool – Wayzata Community Church
Landscaping – Write in A Work of Art Landscaping
4. NO CLASS MLK DAY
- No class next Monday 1/20
- TNT rehearsals will run as scheduled
5. PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITY: BIG FISH AT WAYZATA COMMUNITY CHURCH
- CREO is thrilled to be involved with Wayzata Community Church’s spring production of Big Fish!
- We are looking for up to 12 dancers (grades 5+) to help us bring some dance numbers to this musical!
- Rehearsal Dates/Times are:
Jan 25th 9-10:30am (Audition/Rehearsal)
Feb 1st 9-10:30am
Feb 8th 9-10:30am
Feb 26th 6-7:30pm
Feb 27th 4-5:15pm
Feb 29th 9-10:30pm
- Dancers interested in participating in the show should attend the first rehearsal on January 25th to audition!
- Performance Dates: Wed 3/18 through Sun 3/22
- A note regarding Tales & Tails: Dancers performing in The Tales & Tails of Folks & Fairies may also perform in Big Fish. However, dancers should be prepared to experience long back-to-back rehearsal dates on 1/25, 2/1, and 2/8!
6. PRIVATE LESSONS – SPRING SCHEDULE NOW AVAILABLE
- CREO offers Private Lessons! Click here to sign-up!
- Private Lesson slots will be updated every semester. If you do not see a time that works for you or have further questions, please email Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROGRESSIVE & ACCELERATED DANCERS
1. SPECIAL FEATURE JANUARY & FEBRUARY!
- Level 4-7 Special Feature – Join us Thursdays 6:45-7:30pm for this rotating topic class! Take the class for a month here and there, or take it all year! Special Feature Class just $20/month! (Not included in Unlimited Package tuition)
- January topic is… Characterization! Delve into different movement styles with Ms. Christa and Ms. Kelsey and increase your ability to communicate a range of characters and emotions as a dancer and performer.
- (No Special Feature class in February as dancers and staff prepare for The Tales & Tails of Folks & Fairies!)
- March topic is… Extensions! We’ll spend the month working on increasing the height and placement of our extensions, as well as strengthening our balance!
2. ELEVATE YOUTH DANCE FESTIVAL – REGISTRATION
- Level 3-7 Dancers: We invite you to Elevate Youth Dance Festival on Saturday, March 7th!
- Elevate is a day-long dance festival including master classes, fun with friends, and a professional dance concert!
- Dancers who auditioned last spring for Elevate will be performing small-group pieces at Elevate. Dancers who did not audition are invited to attend for the workshops, team bonding, and fun!
- Level 3-7 dancers, your Elevate tuition was included with your CREO Performance Package Fee. Even if you are not performing a small group piece, you are highly encouraged to attend!
3. CATHEDRAL DANCE FESTIVAL – REGISTRATION COMING SOON!
- Level 3-7 Dancers: Cathedral Dance Festival is coming up on Saturday, May 2nd! Every year, Cathedral is a highlight of our season, sharing in a day of dance performance and education together with other dancers from around the twin cities. Dancers performing an Elevate piece are also invited to perform their piece on Friday, May 1st at Cathedral. An e-mail with registration information will be coming to you in the next week or two!
- Level 3-7 dancers, your Cathedral tuition was included with your CREO Performance Package Fee. Cathedral Dance Festival is highly encouraged for Level 3P and 4P dancers. Cathedral is mandatory for Accelerated Program Dancers.
FAITH-BASED COMPANY DANCERS
Congratulations on a beautiful and successful series of fall semester performances, dancers!
ELEVATE YOUTH DANCE FESTIVAL
1. MONTHLY BRUSH-UP WORKSHOPS
- All Elevate dances are called to attend monthly brush-up workshops to ensure their pieces are continually progressing throughout the year. Dancers will be called in either a early, mid, or late session between 4:00-8:00pm. These workshops will take place on the following dates.
- Friday, February 28
- Absences: If a dancer or group is unable to make one of these workshops, they may be recommended to schedule a private lesson with a teacher or rent studio space in the same month to make-up the missed workshop!
- Conflicts: Please communicate your conflicts to email@example.com
- Dancers who have prepared pieces over the summer should fill out the registration form (to request your t-shirt size among other things!)
3. PARTICIPANT WAIVER
- Participants need to fill out the waiver: