CREO – A Latin Word Meaning I Think; I Create; I believe
CREO Arts & Dance Conservatory is committed to building strong, creative, commitment-minded, joyful, wholesome artists. We provide high-quality dance classes to enhance the overall development of the child. We provide a safe and child-centered environment to encourage our students to explore dance with qualified, nurturing instructors.
The highest educational standards are expected from all CREO Arts & Dance Conservatory faculty members. They are lifelong learners who continue to educate themselves through certification programs, teacher-training schools, conferences, and other learning opportunities.
CREO: I Think; The Learning & Growing Process
- CREO places strong emphasis on the alignment, flexibility, strength, and grace of ballet, jazz, and modern dance techniques. Ballet classes reflect the Vaganova (Russian) Syllabus, Modern/Lyrical techniques reflect both Limon and Horton styles. Jazz techniques, while rooted in the classic styles of Luigi and Giordano, also reflect current trends in the commercial industry such as hip-hop.
- We focus on the desires, needs, strengths, and weaknesses of the individual student. We consider each individual question and concern as it arises and how it affects the school as a whole.
- We encourage respect in regard to self, classmates, and CREO staff.
- We focus on working toward performance rather than working toward competition.
- Commitment is key. We insist that artists and their families commit to their class, rehearsal, performance, and financial requirements.
- In regard to performance, we make choices, choose roles, place volunteers, set pricing, and make changes based on the best outcome for the performance
CREO: I Create; The Artistic Vision
- We believe that creative exploration is just as important as muscle and motor skill development. Seasonal arts/fusion workshops infuse various types of art such as painting, poetry, and dance.
- We focus on presenting art and dance in an honest, wholesome manner.
CREO: I Believe; Determination, Goal Setting, & Faith
- We encourage the development of self-worth, by training our artists to set goals and to have the determination to achieve them. Goals may be as simple as making it through a year of dance lessons or as lofty as being accepted into a college dance program. We desire for our students to believe they can achieve!
- Some of our students choose to participate in our faith-based classes. These classes are rooted in the Judeo/Christian Faith. Classes include prayer, Biblical application, traditional dance technique and movement to Christian faith music.
- We insist that our families, students and staff follow The Golden Rule, “Do on to others as you would have done onto you.” & that they follow The Great Commandment, “Love thy neighbor as thyself.”
- Prayer first. All questions, concerns, and changes regarding the school, its staff and its clients will first be prayerfully considered.